1 Day Until Arrival
In just one more day — on Dec. 3, 2018 — NASA’s OSIRIS-REx spacecraft will arrive at asteroid Bennu after more than two years traveling through space. Once it reaches its destination, the spacecraft will spend about a year and a half surveying this never-before-visited asteroid and preparing to collect a sample of surface material for return to Earth.
On Dec. 3 at 9:45 am MT/11:45 am ET, join members of the mission team for a LIVE NASA broadcast from the control room at Lockheed Martin celebrating the spacecraft’s arrival at Bennu. Brush up on your mission knowledge with pre-show programming beginning at 9:15 am MT/11:15 am ET.
Participants in the arrival coverage event include:
• Michelle Thaller, moderator, NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md
• Heather Enos, OSIRIS-REx deputy principal investigator, University of Arizona, Tucson
• Rich Burns, OSIRIS-REx project manager, NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md
• Mark Fisher, OSIRIS-REx spacecraft engineer, Lockheed Martin Space, Littleton, Colo.
• Coralie Adam, OSIRIS-REx flight navigator, KinetX, Inc. Space Navigation and Flight Dynamics, Simi Valley, Calif.
Media can submit questions in advance to Danielle.M.Hauf@lmco.com. On Dec. 3, media and the public may ask questions using the hashtag #askNASA on Twitter or by leaving a comment on the livestream of the event on the OSIRIS-REx Mission Facebook page.
Credit: University of Arizona
full (1896x1064) | thumbnail (150x150) | medium (300x168) | medium_large (640x359) | large (640x359) | banner-xm (427x240) | banner-sm (640x360) | banner-med (854x480) | banner-large (1024x576) | banner-full (1280x720)